Friday, September 16, 2011

Beautiful morning, but not so beautiful day, welcome to New Delhi...


Alarm at 7:30 in the morning is like "curse you phone", but yet, wake up to find it was raining heavily. Immediately checked if papa had already taken off my car, yes indeed!

Waited till 10:30 (actually half sleeping) to get off to work, but the rain was in mood today. Finally, I thought of going to market and buy a rain coat and go off on the bike, but as I stepped out, it was "one hundred percent" wetty experience, despite carrying an umbrella. I was enjoying rain-bathing although, but had to drop the plan of the rain coat. Waited for half an hour more to find out that its all gone just-like-that (typical Delhi rain, not even a single sign of any cloud afterwards). Cool, kickstarted the bike and left off for a ride (my favorite).

Just after moving about 100 meters, I realized the first after-effect of rain (in Delhi), "water-logs". A car almost spoiled my black jeans (what? are you insane to wear black jeans after rain? unfortunately yes! That was the only one pre-ironed in the Almira). I thought, driving 32kms in such road conditions would mean omfg! So I waited there for a moment to fold the jeans as much as I can and drove to next nearest metro station, Jasola.

Then comes the next after effect of rain, "traffic jam". As heard on the radio, it was kind of Dilli-Jam. Took me 1hr 05mins to cover a distance of mere 3kms which usually takes just 7 minutes.

Finally reached metro station to realize the next after effect of rain, that is not explicit, but like me, all the office going people shoot out for their respective offices just after rain, all at once. Yellow line is usually not so crowdy, but today it was like.. "wtf".
Ditto for Central Secretariat. So I though it would be good to try out express line instead. So skipped Rajiv Chowk and dropped off at NDLS.

This was the first good experience of the beautiful day. As I entered the express line premises, I was astonished to see the infra DMRC has put up. 15 mins a metro is one quality service. One bad thing that I found (although quite small), is that my metro card doesn't work at express line (Why so?). The train is even better than the station. I was enjoying the ride, but turned out to be a small one as it took just 25 minutes to reach Dwarka sec. 21. Office is just a walk from there... So am I here writing this blog and thanking papa for taking off the car today.

For all those people out there, just try out express line once, it'll really be a different outlook of commuting (except the comparative cost factor involved with express line).


3 comments:

  1. Congrats for the new blog.

    > One bad thing that I found (although quite small), is that my metro card doesn't work at express line (Why so?)

    Cause this line is operated by DAMEL and not DMRC. India still lags behind in terms of unifying the ticketing system of Public Transport for the sake of user’s convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @souvik I see! Btw, its not a new blog, i'll migrate the old contents soon.

    @shweta thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete