Sunday, May 23, 2010

Alter EGO

There is no denying the fact, that our thoughts reflect ourself. At times we become rigid, we are overjoyed, we are sad and so on... But do we realize that, at that very moment our behavior is reflecting whole of our self.

In a saying..

What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. -Charles R. Swindoll

Each of us comprises of two parts, one is ourself, the other is imaginary.. or what in layman term called as "alter ego". Most of us might already know this, but a quick brief: "An alter ego of a person is the opposite self of himself who always drives you into the direction where you have not been to."

Point is, most of us think (or have a a mindset) that alter ego is negative you. This blog denies this fad. What I perceive of myself is that, I am living my alter ego. Let me go through this...

We all know people resist changes, which is a universal fact for all human beings. So do I. The time I left off my college, I was morally very down and upset. Nothing looks good to me. Even rainbows were like protractor those days. I was really resisting things that I left off. Then adjusting in corporate environment was another challenge in front of me. To face things I used to curtail my work. e.g I used to left off from office at 4PM (ideally 7).
Then slowly life came to a steady pause. It became my usual routine. All the thoughts from college got buried deep within me. The real me started to hide. I was like running away from myself. Instabilities crept within me.

(Scene 32 take 41 - action)
Then I met someone...

Usually its not that I make idols or (fan)tsize myself about others. But this someone was the one who made me think. I found him to be one of the fastest thinker. Exceptional analysis skill and brilliant IQ. He made me think (without saying) of what has gone "has GONE". I can't segregate myself to move ahead to the best of worldly things. I have no right to throw off my wings and letup myself to fly.

Then comes up my alter ego.. It showed me the path. I started to enrich my thought process. I started to adopt myself with changes and open both hands to accept the new phase of life. There is always more ahead. Actually more and more ahead..

Now question is what all could I do if I also feels like shit!

1. First and of the foremost importance is, love yourself. Believe me, if you could be joyous to be happy with what you are (and not what you could be) you'll never feel down.

2. Be creative: Now thats not easy. But think deeply, it indeed is. The very basic definition of creativity varies for every single person to other. For me creativity could be to make code, but for other it can be some fancy things like painting, dancing, or the oddest of them, making dumb figures out of paint dropping wall while you do shit! (Like I made the map of India once)

3. Pursuit your passion: Its the key!

4. Analyze: We go on running after things, tasks etc and find 24 hrs to be too few to complete 'em all. Just take out 30 minutes of yours where you think. Think anything.. what you did yesterday, why you said X at random, when Y thing happened and so on.

And lastly understand that..
"No one can see beyond his judgement" -Oracle (Matrix Reloaded)

Understanding to this has been left as an exercise to the readers :-)

3 comments:

  1. "making dumb figures out of paint dropping wall while you do shit!" I expected better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better write code. Don't do this to us. Aaaaarrgggghhhhhh gggghhh ghhhh *Takes a knife and stabs himself to death*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written personal experience :)

    ReplyDelete