Sunday, February 28, 2010

Four years!

Four years!!
(That was what I said when I got admitted to Engineering college, JMI)

2nd August 2005, I walked to the auditorium to attend the opening lecture by the proctor.
"Welcome to Jamia, a central university by an act of parliament. Here you'll get a chance to showcase your talent and blah blah blah..
I'ld also like to tell you, please don't bunk the classes and do not misbehave. Remember you are represting not only yourself, but your parents, your colloge and your country as well."
This was how we interpreted this..
"Welcome to Jamia (and we boast about ourselves). Here you'll get a chance to showcase how well you can stand in front of our tortures.
I' ld also like to tell you on this very first day, that there is another way called 'bunking the classes' when you feel nothing is going right. And you represent literally no one, and you are khulla saand."
I entered the classroom, with 60 blank faces. Just like a new person in the puppet show, and asked myself, "Who all are these blank stupid faces? Don't they get any other place except this one? Are all of them dumb (that's including me)?"

Soon lectures, classes, assignments and exams started, and in the interim we started to gain our real treasure, its was not the knowledge, twas FRIENDS. Those blank faces started to turn out more friendly, It was just 3 days and I then knew 40 new names, rest of them seldom came up to the classes, I didn't knew rest of them till 2nd year ;-) And know what, this puppet show started to turn out a huge reality show.

Time used to run very slow, we enjoyed every mischief, every adventure, every minute of our college. In this, I met few of really good friends, Bharat, Waseem, Asheesh, Kazim, Ali, Shariq, Sameer, Aaveg, Nimisha, Anjuman, to name a few. This blog is especially dedicated to all of you, and a real thanks for being there with me in all those 4 years. Life would have been disgusting and unimaginable without you all. I still remember each and every moment, every talk and every single thing with you.

A couple of years passed by, and my second home gradually became Hostel, it indeed was sweet to smell all the rotten sox in every room, although personally, my favorite smell was from RNo. 1 AMK. :)
How could we forget the proposal of sand bag theory by Dr Kazim Zaidi, I vomited for the first time in my life laughing, and we needed to call up service to clean the room up.

The bad words filled mail to a popular mailing list! We bunked the lecture to find a cyber cafe to post the message. One of the most devastating idea we had.

Money was in abundance, really. Whenever you need it, "oye 100 rs hain?"

JamP2P deadline was 1 day ahead, but did we had a game of BZFlag? "Abhi to puri raat padi hai, khelte hain yaar!"

2369 cups of tea at canteen! Or more? I remember those days when after entering the college we straight away reaches canteen and sat over there till 5.

Mass bunk Planning mass bunk was a daily business.

When we just needed a voice to be raised to have lunch at Al-Bake. (NARE main lagata tha, and Waseem used to say, 'main nahin jaunga')

When S***** sir used to scold us for wearing the shoes in the lab, when he himself was wearing 'em, and we all stood up in a line outside the lab for a couple of periods as punishment. It couldn't have been a 'jaza' instead of 'saza' unless juniors congratulated us for getting relieved from the practical. :)

Algorhythm/Encomium used to come up as a festival, when without reason we worked like anything.

Asheesh's leg pulling, didn't anyone noticed he grew up 6inches more in his college time? (I am specifically talking about body height, sorry no leg pulling here)

Bharat's jokes, combined with Kazim to produce deadliest fun ever.

The cup below the computer table at Bharat's room, I still imagine how could it be there for so long!

Today, its nearly an year that I am out of that world. It feels like someone has snatched the treasure from me. Why am I working? I yet have no responsibilities, is this just because everyone is working, so should I? Why I cannot continue that life?

Its only that I added a word "just" to my first sentence when I left off on the last day of college..
Just 4 years!!

11 comments:

  1. ..nice yaar ..collg days ...damn they r over :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summed up the JUST four years , in JUST two paragraphs .. And for the part: why am I working?? Remember that you were the most eager one to work, joining within a week of leaving college and encouraging others to follow the lead.. Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that day, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haan LIFE is my new personal hobby.... any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was almost sure that Asheesh would make a comment about 'Life'. This is his new personal hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done! Haan I didn't forget that, bas wo acha nai lagta na doston ke image public platform pe kachra karte hue ;-) so thought, let it go by :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pehle quote check karte hain ' fir reply..

    ReplyDelete
  7. chalo save to hua..but nostalgic mood ki to MS1 kar di..

    ReplyDelete
  8. POSTING MY COMMENT FOR THE THIRD TIME. HOPE IT GETS SAVE THIS TIME. BUGGY X-( phew..coming back to the nostalgic mood...shamail..dude..how could you not mention our 27 marks story here... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) Yes, life changes @ 278kmph. Waise wo yummy smell tumhare room se bhi ati thi. ;-) ting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a senti one... While reading it I felt the same u felt while writing... exactly same... I read every line twice(n i am serious).. But i think thats how it is... LIFE !! It changes very fast....

    ReplyDelete